The cave dwellings represent the architecture and building culture of the people. The cave dwellings were built by almost without exception by the direct production workers (farmer, craftsman, contract worker). The most significant cave dwelling complexes can be connected to the areas once known for their quarrying, including Demjén. In Bükkalja they were built not only of stone, but also in stone. This is best illustrated by the large number of wine cellars in the village (304 in total).
There are 23 cabins on the rock wall of Bányaél (Kő-tető), which rises above the center of Demjén, with holes and channels carved into the surface of the artificial roof. To the north of the village, the western rocky range of the Hegyeskő-crag connected to "Pünkösd" hill is the Hegyeskő-hilltop , on which five separable beehives rise.
In the Church of Saint Antony of Padua in Demjén nice stone carvings traditional in the village can be seen.
The church was designed by Giovanni Battista Carlone in Baroque style in 1730-32. Its tower and the enlargement of the nave was made in 1777-1779, that is what can be seen nowadays. The main altar is the work of József Grossmann and János Miller (around 1782). The Rococo and late Baroques side altars are also from the 18th century. The pulpit is of late Baroque style, was made together with the main altar.
The local cemetery has several richly carved stone tombstones from the end of 19th, beginning of 20th century representing the great past of local stone carving.
Mysterious „beehive- stones” are on the top of the hill above the hotel and bath complex in Demjén Thermal Valley, the can be approached on a path
Thanks to its close location it is ideal for shorter walks, the view from the top of the hill is breath-taking.
There are 8 rocks with nitches on Hegyeskő with 36 nitches.
According to the tradition the room was inhabited by hermits. When entering the cellar even nowadays can be seen traces of the former fireplace and bed and the store recess carved into the rock functioning as a shelf. Traces of 6 nitches can be seen on the rock wall. The rock room is a good example that those having lived here carved not only their side buildings, but their dwellings, too, and even the furniture of the rooms (beds, tables, fireplace) into the rhyolite tuff.
In the north-eastern edge of the village there is a monumental-size stone shed carved in the southern side of Hegyeskő, now covered with shrubs.
In this region people often used to carve their dwellings and side building into rhiolite tuff lime stone. Besides smaller farm buildings (stores, barns) and wine cellars of bigger size often huge stone sheds big enough to give shelter to whole sheep flocks or cattle herds were carved into the hill. This shed supported by several pillars carved from the rock is of 200 m2 size.